Melissa is the voodoo priestess of phone training
Beginning as a receptionist out of college in Worcester, MA to working her way up to the role of prominent BDC Manager and Internet Director, Melissa has had a love affair with all things auto. Within three years in a male-dominated, multi-line dealer group, she left everyone else behind in the dust while personally handling all Internet opportunities across two locations. Her dedication to the craft and uncanny ability to set appointments at an 80% clip evolved into her managing two different Business Development Centers during her time in retail. This skillset is what rewards her to this very day while training.
One small step for a woman, one giant step for Melissa
It was at a Digital Dealer Conference that Melissa was first introduced to Joe Webb and she felt her philosophies about running a BDC (connect personally with the customer, build rapport at all costs, utilize endless measures/mediums to follow-up) synced very closely with her own. It was at this point she left automotive retail and, based on Joes recommendation, began as a phone coach or phone ninja for Jerry Thibeaus phone training company, Phone Ninjas. She perfected her already gifted talents of phone scripts and mystery shopping and this gave her the outlet to both meld technology with process and script training. Her passion for coaching was ignited.
Gaining buy-in from BDCs and salespeople on proper phone techniques ever since
Melissa joined DealerKnows in 2011 and has spent every year since traveling the United States and embedding best practice phone training techniques into salespeople, BDC, and Internet Managers alike. She relishes the chance to engage with dealership personnel no matter how green or how seasoned. She can take them all on and win them over with her sarcastic wit and unmatched phone skills.
More than just a phone genius
When not training your team on progressive phone strategies, she is the watchful eye inside your CRM (monitoring your employees lead handling). She is the ear on the other side of your phones (when listening to your recorded sales calls). She is the mystery-shopping machine that torments your nightmares and improves your processes. It is this hard-nosed, multi-talented drive that makes Melissa a force to be reckoned with.
Random Facts About Melissa
- Melissa is a court-appointed special advocate for abused and neglected children in the central Mass area.
- Volunteers with a local wildlife rescue group, focusing on turtle rescue.
- She is a superfan of fantasy and science fiction movies, but never TV series of that genre. Shes been disappointed by every sci-fi series she has seen, and thinks its only a matter of time before Game of Thrones makes that list. On the other hand, she believes there are 20 TV comedies with the best writing and acting in entertainment history in my opinion. Its a very sharp contrast.
- One time, while on the road training, Melissa came across two abandoned kittens in a parking lot. She dedicated an entire night caring for them, arranging their lodging, and subsequently took them in as her own ever since. Theyre annoying and wonderful and she named them Susan and Richard.
- Born and raised: North Shore, Massachusetts
- School: Becker College, Worcester MA
Melissa’s 5 Favorite Movies
- Aliens (including Prometheus)
- Anything that Mike Judge touches in any way
Favorite TV Shows
- Game of Thrones
- 30 Rock
- Parks and Recreation
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Jimmy Johns (not joking)
Melissa’s Favorite Music Artist
Places to Visit Bucket List
- Literally any beach that shes never been to is on her bucket list
- I must keep in good health and not die. ~ Charlotte Bronte
Latest from the BlogDoes It Sell More Cars? No, You Do: Beg, Borrow, and Steal From the FutureRead blog post
We really, really, really want to talk to you.Get In Touch with Us